There are a number of ways you can make money from your website such as PPC (pay per click), CPA (cost per action), affiliate marketing, lead generation and physical product sales. All of these have their pros and cons and most, if used correctly, can generate substantial revenue for the internet marketeer. One of the traps many marketers can fall into is becoming reliant on just one revenue source, also what works on one site or one particular page, might not produce the same result elsewhere.
Whilst there are a few PPC networks, Adsense is by far the most popular and often one of the first monetization methods that site owners look at. This is definitely a great way to monetize your site, but do not fall into the trap of relying solely on this methods.
- Adsense is a large company, they pay monthly and there is no risk of them closing down anytime soon
- The adsense network is extremely large and they cater for just about every niche possible.
- One of the easiest ways to monetize your site, you can earn money just by having visitors click on your links, revenue can range from a few cents to $xx amounts per click and on a few highly competitive niches I have seen clicks pay as high as $20 per click.
- Great data metrics which can be linked to your analytics account
- Adsense is very strict with regards to policies and ad placement
- They can and have closed accounts with no warning and payment is on their terms, if you are due to get paid and your account is closed, then you are probably out of luck
- Clicks can disappear or reduced in value if Google deem it not worthy and you final earnings for the month can vary greatly from what you were expecting